Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our 4th of July

Well, we had a fun holiday. Peyton is visiting her Nana so it was just Pierce, Breesa, and me. Breesa and I got up and headed for the parade here in town. Pierce decided to join us at the last minute, though we were fine letting him sleep in. (He works nights.) We all headed down to the parade and Breesa got her own street corner. I had taken a small...very small...gift bag for her candy but she FILLED IT!! Not what I had in mind. I would have been perfectly fine with her having a handful or so. But since she had her own corner, every one threw her a handful. One elderly man stopped and gave her a teddy bear.

After the parade, we headed to my dad's. Dad and Pierce decided to go play disc golf. So Teresa, Breesa, and I went along...oh and Koen. We mostly just walked the course and took short cuts. It was actually a fairly hard walk up and down the hills. The last 5 holes just circle around so we sat in a shade tree and Breesa ate some chips.

After that, we headed downtown to the National Tom Sawyer days. We walked around the arts and crafts, then over to the fence painting area. We ate a bunch of JUNK food, looked at the levy and hung out a while. Then we headed back to dad's house and waited until dusk and watched fireworks.

By the time we got home, I was TIRED. I took a warm bath and hopped in bed. All in all it was a fun day.

No comments: