Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Valentine

I don’t know how I got so lucky to find the love of my life! I realize I am blessed to have found a hardworking man who loves his family. Since we left active duty, Pierce had missed working on his air planes. I didn’t care what he did I was just tired of moving all the time. Even though I wasn’t thrilled about moving to Monroe City, I put my feet down and decided we would stay there and not move again. We talked about him applying for a full time position with the Guard, but I didn’t want to move again. One morning we sat down in church and the music began, I instantly had a tugging at my heart from God. We had not discussed this new job in a while but I knew instantly that I was wrong. I cried all day. All I ever wanted was to be still and have a place to call home for more than two years. I talked with my pastors wife and she said that if God was calling us to move, I would find peace about it. With tears streaming down my face, I told him I would go if he got a job. Of course, he said he didn’t want to go if I was going to be upset. That whole Sunday I cried but something amazing happened on Monday. I woke up ready to pack our bags. God gave me peace. The only problem was that God also wanted to teach me about patience. A year later, we arrived in St Joe and lived together as a family for the first time in eight months. It’s not been easy and I miss our little house. But I can’t believe the blessings God has given us. Pierce has been named the best NCO in his office, on the base, AND in the state. After one year at the 10 level, he will be promoted to a 12 position over many of his coworkers who have applied numerous times. He is still waiting to hear about the National level NCO award. However, I am PROUD to announce he received (or should I say earned) the rank of Master Sergeant, E-7. Our growing family is so proud of him. The little girls love seeing his planes flying and knowing their daddy put it up there. I can’t believe how that one little decision changed our lives. This Valentines Day, we are nearing our ten year anniversary. I can’t wait to see where the next ten years take us!

No comments: